We are heading into the Fall weather and the Hawttt Chocolate drinking season is back!! We love to indulge in creamy, delicious chocola'tea drink on chilly cold days but what if we tell you that today we are bringing you a melting pot of hot chocolate today. It's exciting, fun and wonderful to warm you up brew.
Last year we shared our top secret, yet easy Cocoa et Curcumin recipe where we use our Immuni'tea booster - Malhar kadha in our hot chocolate. Yes, you heard that right, it's loaded with turmeric, ginger, black pepper and lemongrass. Soo good and delicious!! Plus you can make it a No-Moo Brew as well!!
Adding spices to hot chocolate is not a new thing. Spanish hot chocolate is brewed with spices and today we are making Italian style Spanish melting pot of hot choc with an Indian twist. It nice and thick, creamy and smooth, almost like a pudding. If you want thin consistency then skip cornstarch and this style is called American style hot chocolate. So, what is Italian style? It sounds cool, doesn't it? Italian style hot chocolate is thick and pudding like vs Spanish is thinner vs American is light. It's been tried and tasted recipe and you are going to LOVE IT!!
All you need is :3 tbsp Mahi Masala Sugar
1.5 cups Milk
3 oz Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
2 tsp Cornstarch
A pinch of salt
- On medium flame, heat 1 cup milk in a pot. In a separate bowl, add cocoa powder, cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk making a paste.
- Combine the cocoa paste and hot milk. Stir well.
- After the cocoa paste is mixed well, add dark chocolate chunks, Mahi Masala Sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Bring it to a gentle simmer by constant stirring. Remember, this step is very important for the pudding like thick texture.
- Once thick, creamy and smooth texture is formed turn off the stove. Pour in your favorite cup, top it with whip cream or slivered dark chocolate or marshmallows.
You can make your own Coconut Whipped Cream for a plant-based brew.
We hope you enjoy your daily boost of wellness with this tea'licious hot choc.
Until next time,
- Madura Chaudhari