This week, we bring you a brand new product from The Chai Bar.
Rani Rose Sugar - 100% Organic Granulated Cane Sugar hand-blended with fragrant rose petals. Rani means Queen. This product is inspired by the Queen of flowers, aka the rose; we hope it gives you a taste of royal'tea.
Add a unique flavor to your cooking and baking. Sprinkle a dash of Rani Rose Sugar on baked goods, crepes, cakes, and cookies. It adds a floral touch to earthy hot beverages like chai or coffee. Also, perfect to sweeten cold drinks like grapefruit juice or make a dramatic statement on a cocktail night by rimming glasses with rose sugar.
While we are talking about rose sugar, let's explore some of our favorite flavors to pair it with here at The Chai Bar Kitchen.
While we love our chai, we do enjoy an occasional cup of coffee, and while we do come off as caffeine lovers, we do have caffeine-free days when we stick to our herbal tea blends and golden milk. However, today isn't a caffeine-free day, and we are feeling extra naughty. Today The Chai Bar Blog brings you a Rose Cardamom Coffee *Gasp* - Perfect if you are a real fan of the rose flavor and want to enjoy a rosy kick to your afternoon pick me up, try this recipe for rose cardamom late inspired by Beth at Local Milk.
CARDAMOM + ROSE ICED LATTE
CARDAMOM ROSE CREAMER
- Seeds from 1 cardamom pod, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons Rose Sugar
- 1 cups half and half/ coconut cream/ full fat oat milk
- 1 tbsp rose water (optional)
FOR ICE COFFEE
- 400 filtered water, heated 195-205°F (or bring to boil and let stand 3-5 minutes)
- .5 tbsp mild coffee
- 160 grams ice cubes (made from filtered or bottled water)
- Make creamer. Heat all ingredients except the rosewater over medium and bring to a simmer, occasionally stirring to dissolve sugar. Once simmering, remove from heat and cover.
- Steep 15 minutes to overnight, tasting occasionally. If steeping overnight, steep until it reaches room temperature, and then place in the fridge to continue steeping.
- When the strength you desire is reached, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, add a small dash of rosewater if desired for more rose flavor.
- Now make your coffee. Heat the water to 195-205°F. If you don't have a thermometer, bring the water to a boil and let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind your coffee on the medium fine setting on your grinder, and place the filter in your brewer. (or use mild instant coffee)
- Rinse the paper filter with hot water and discard the water before proceeding.
- Place ice cubes in the carafe, and place the grounds in the filter.
- Bloom the coffee grounds by pouring approximately 50 grams of the hot water over the grounds (or simply just covering the grounds) and let stand for 30-45 seconds.
- Proceed to slowly pour half of the water in concentric circles over the grounds. Let the water level brew down and refill it to the original water line until there is no more water left.
- Once brewed, if there are any unmelted pieces of ice, give the carafe a gentle swirl. Ice should dissolve completely within a few minutes.
- Serve over ice with and creamer (to your taste).
TEA'P: Try with iced chai for a chilled floral brew.
The perfect tas'tea pairing for rose sugar coffee or chai is Khari, a popular Indian puff pastry invented in Islamic Spain in the 13th century.
Making Khari from scratch can be a tough cookie (lol), so we take the easy way out and used a store-bought dough sprinkled with rose sugar and baked it to make a batch of super quick and easy Rose Sugar Khari Hearts.
Rose sugar Khari hearts
Puff pastry savory cookies topped with fragrant, sweet rose sugar from The Chai Bar Kitchen just in time for Valentine's Day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Layout the puff pastry dough and sprinkle a little sugar onto it. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll over the surface so the flavors get pushed into the dough a little.
- Cut the dough into little hearts.
- Lay the hearts onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Top off with a sprinkle of rose sugar
We hope you enjoy our brand new product and show us some love.
Rani Rose Sugar is organic, sustainably harvested, pure cane sugar infused with rose petals. Each glass jar contains 3.5 oz. rose sugar. At The Chai Bar, we ensure all our products are carefully crafted in small batches and immediately sealed in their containers to ensure quality and freshness. Please note, the appearance may differ slightly with each batch.
While some brands can launch several products a year, we try to take it slow and steady, focussing on quality over quantity. We put immense effort into finding the perfect suppliers; We try to create better lives with our products – for farmworkers, smallholder farmers, and our customers. When you shop from the chai bar, you make a chai impact.
Browse our entire line of loose leaf teas, spices, and more.
The Chai Bar Shop
Sargam & Madura