Sun is shining upon us and it's hot hot August. I still love drinking my morning and afternoon cups of HAWTT chai but we get that hot is not always hot for everyone in hot summer (pun intended). You can cool yourself off with our chai over ice. No, no, we are not asking you start your day with cocktails (half kidding). You can make tea'licious iced chai with our :Sugrisma - Summer Masala Iced Chai,
Astrakadir - Rose Cardamom Chai,
Mangalyam - Lavender Marigold Chai,
Arunima - Citrus Chilled Chai,Gulabi - Kashmiri Pink Chai,
Aprajita - Butterfly Blue Brew
Now that you know you can break ice over chai let's make some tea'mosas and par'tea this weekend. To make this tea'licious cocktail you'll need tea haha.. Jokes apart, let's get started. We are going to use Aprajita - Butterfly Blue Brew for this recipe.Aprajita
/ apra.jee.ta / noun; in Sanskrit means “Undefeated"
Ingredients for tea'mosa:
2 tbsp Aprajita - Butterfly Blue Brew
3 oz Leme Lemon Sugar
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice (you can reduce it to 1/4 cup if you prefer less lemony)
1 bottle of your favorite champagne
- Add 2 tbsp of Aprajita in the bottle of your favorite champagne and let it steep for at least an hour. Stick this bottle in the fridge to chill.
- To a pot add sugar and lemon juice over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins. Add Leme Lemon Sugar and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup rest for 10 minutes. Strain through fine mesh and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To make mimosas - Add 2 tbsp of Lemon syrup to the champagne flutes or wine glass. Pour chilled champagne over the simple syrup and enjoy the magical color changing mimosa.
- Garnish it with a lemon slice and voila!!
Try it and let us know how did the Summer Par'tea go.
Until next week, tea'ta, bye-bye and see you soon!
- Madura Chaudhari