Gulab Rani - Kashmiri Pink Chai Recipe
Gulab Rani - Kashmiri Pink Chai can be brewed four ways :
- Hot Kahwa
- Hot Peppermint Pink Chai
- Iced Peppermint Pink Chai
- Clear brew (Hot or Chilled)
Pari / noun; Means "Fairy"
Rosy, nutty, creamy Kashmiri Pink Chai blended makes for the perfect holiday tea. The floral flavors of rose and nutty minty cardamom carry through delicate notes of mint and undertones of salt. A unique holiday beverage to enjoy after a day in the snow. Kashmiri Pink Chai is packed with warming spices, known to be a beverage served in cold regions; it is rich and will warm you up from within.
You can make this blend a No-Moo Brew too by substituting Milk with Full Fat Coconut Milk and Coconut Cream.
Enjoy Kashmiri Pink Chai Steaming Hot or Chilled
Tea'p: Garnish with candied rose petals, slivered pistachios, and salt.Aroma: Sweet Nutty
Color: Dusty Rose Pink
Did you know our tea leaves are hand-picked from the foothills of the Himalayas?
*The Chai Bar Kashmiri Pink Chai does not have any added pigment or food color.
A few Tea'ps:
- For best results, ensure the tea blend is fresh. So if you have a blend that's been sitting in your pantry for over a year, chances are, it's not going to develop the same color, and the flavor profile of the spices would have diminished.
- Usually, we have sugar alternatives for our chai recipe. Still, this recipe calls for sugar. We would not recommend replacing it with any alternative like agave/jaggery/maple syrup, etc., tealeaf us, we've tried it all, so if you have dietary restrictions, reduce the quantity of sugar or skip the sugar entirely and drink this as an almost savory chai. (Please note, if you are cutting out the sugar, reduce the salt to taste.)
Kashmiri Pink Chai Recipe :
Ingredients for Kahwa (To make 3 Cups of Kahwa / Concentrate):2.5 cups water
1.5 cup ice cold water
2 tbsp Gulab Rani blend
a pinch to 0.25 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for Milk tea (To make 2 Cups of Kashmiri Pink Chai):1/2 cup Kahwa
1 cup Full Fat Milk (Use Full-Fat Coconut Milk for a No-Moo -Brew)
1/4 - 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Use Canned Coconut Cream for Vegan Chai)
½ tsp of Rose Water ( Skip this for Pari )
2 tbsp Rani rose sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
Equipment:2 Metal Cups / Sauce Pots with spouts and handles (for chai pulling) or a Blender
2 Medium Sized Pots (use at least 2-quart pot for this)
2 Heat resistant gloves
Add Water and The Chai Bar's Gulab Rani Tea Blend to a pot placed on a medium to high flame. Boil it for 7 - 8 mins.
Add baking soda and stir. Keep stirring and boil for 2 - 3 minutes more. Caution - Baking soda will make the tea bubble and expand.
Add Ice-Cold Water. Keep stirring and boil for 3 to 4 minutes more.
Strain the Tea.
Wear heat-resistant gloves and use two metal cups / containers with spouts and handles for this step of Chai Pulling. - "Pulling" the Tea involves pouring it back and forth briskly from one container into another eight to ten times so that air can mix with the liquid and oxidize it. OR Add the mix to a blender and blend it for 45 sec to a minute. (This does not give the same results as pulling). This is called Kahwa, and you can drink this too. For Kashmiri Pink chai follow the next steps.
In another medium-sized pot, add milk, heavy cream, and sugar. Bring it to a simmer.
Add 1/2 Cup Kahwa to the pot of milk (from step 6). Bring it to a boil.
Turn off the heat and cover with lid for 2 mins (this is called giving 'dam' to chai).
Add salt, rose water, and stir well.
- Pour in cups and garnish with rose, almonds, and pistachios like we do.
For Iced Kashmiri Pink Chai :
- Follow Step 1 to Step 5 above.
6. Add salt, rose water, stir well, and refrigerate your Kahwa at least overnight.
7. In a glass, add ice, ¾ glass of refrigerated Kahwa and ¼ glass of milk (Use full fat coconut milk for no-moo brew) and garnish with rose, almonds, and pistachios like we do.
Clear Green Tea :
Step 1: Heat 8 oz. / a cup of water to 203° F or bring to a boil and let it cool for 10-15 seconds.
Step 2: Steep 2 tsp. Pari - Peppermint Pink Chai blend for 5-6 mins.
Step 3: Remove the infuser and enjoy!
TEA'P: You can pre-make the tea Kahwa using this method and store it in the refrigerator for a 3 to 4 days. Before serving, add milk, salt, and sugar, then boil it for about 10 mins. And your lovely 'Kashmiri Pink Chai' is ready.
Thank you for joining us and we hope you enjoy making Gulab Rani as much as we do. Let us know in the comments down below if you have any questions or if you made any recipe out of it. We would be happy to feature your creations on our blog.
- Madura C.