The heat is on, we are feeling totally at home with these 90'F days, and we have so many Chilled Chai treats for you guys to try.
We have brought you tea'licious treats like Faluda (Chai, Chia, Floral Float), a tas'tea festive treat made using vermicelli noodles, chia seeds, rose and chai, Cha'ice'cream, only the nuttiest, creamiest, smoothest homemade icecream. Pink Chai Pudding made using tapioca balls and nuts; we could go on. If you are looking for chilled chai treats, visit The Chai Bar blog to find a treasure trove of tea recipes.
Chilled Chai Pro Tea'ps
If you want several ways to make chilled chai, here is a quick guide to a bunch of chilled chai treats for your pallet.
Masala Chai or Spiced Tea
Floral Chilled Chai
Don't forget; you can make any of our beverages into a No-Moo-Brew.
Clear Brew Iced Tea
However, if you prefer a clear brew and a milk-free drink, try making
Or try making a Berry Black Tea using Astitva The Original Blend
If clear brews are your thing, you have to try Arunima, our latest Black Tea Blend. This citrus chai is made using Kumaon tea leaves, zesty citrus, and marigold. A sunshine blend perfect for iced Tea. Add your favorite fruit to make it even more tropical.
Citrus Chai Creamsicles
Back to the promised treat, Citrus Chai Creamsicles.
If you couldn't tell already, we love Tea, not just because it's what we do; we take joy in exploring the unlimited possibilities of chai recipes. We love baking with Tea, cooking with it, adding it to curries and desserts alike, but what gives us the most joy is being able to use our blends to bring back memories of childhood flavors like Butterfly Blue Brew Jaljeera.
If you grew up in the '90s, you remember those super delicious but not so good for you, color-filled, sugary ice pops. We have good news, adult, us, still love the taste, not so much the sugar, dairy, and artificial food color. Our refined tea-loving pallet would love to enjoy orange creamsicles with a tea'wist, so here is a recipe for Citrus Chai Creamsicles.
- Arunima Citrus Chai
- Zest and pulp of 2 oranges
- 1 Can Full-Fat Coconut Cream. (Do not sub with coconut milk)
- 4 tbsp Ojas Orange Sugar
- Add 2 tbsp Arunima to 1/3 cup of water, simmer, bring down to a strong tea concentrate. Strain, Chill.
- Remove 4 Tbsp coconut cream and blend with 1tsp orange zest and 1 Tbsp Orange Sugar; refrigerate.
- Blend together remaining Ojas orange sugar, orange slices, remaining coconut cream, and orange zest.
- Fill your popsicle mold with your mix, reserve room to top off with cream, do not add your pop stick.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then add your pop stick and top off with zesty cream.
- Freeze for about 6 hours until set.
We hope you enjoy making these No-Moo Brew Creamsicles; however, if you're looking for a clear icy, non-milky treat, we have a simple chai pop recipe for you.
Citrus Chai Popsicles
While we love an occasional sweet treat, eating sugary popsicles every day all summer isn't going to cut it. We have a low-carb recipe for sweet summer popsicles you can enjoy guilt-free all season.
Chai adds a depth of flavor to almost any dish, from bread to chole. Chai can be used to flavor anything. With our assortment of Black Tea, Green Tea, and Herbal Tea blends, we can flavor almost anything.
Our latest limited edition seasonal blend is Arunima.
This Citrus Chai is perfect for making popsicles flavored with Kumaon black tea leaves; the earthy yet light blend adds just enough caffeine for a perk up. Lemon and orange zest add a fruity zing and marigold petals help finish the brew off with a saffrony touch.
So let's get (to) brew it.
- 3 Tbsp Arunima Citrus Chai
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice (preferably not from concentrate and without added sweetener)
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 5-6 very thin orange slices
- 2 Tbps Ojas Orange Sugar
- Boil 1c water, add Arunima, simmer on low heat for 3 mins, turn the heat off, and steep for 5 mins.
- Strain and cool tea concentrate.
- Pour Orange juice, Lemonade, and Orange Sugar into chilled tea concentrate, mix well.
- Taste and add more orange juice if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds and dunk in a couple of orange slices.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze.
Now that you have these tea'licious recipes for frozen citrus chai treats brew yourself some Arunima and make the most of summer with our sunshine blend.
Do you have any unique summer chai recipes? Share them with us and get featured on The Chai Bar Blog.
Make our recipes, click and share photographs with us to get featured on The Chai Bar's Instagram account. If you'd like to receive weekly newsletters, sign up and receive chai recipes, coupons, chai news, and more straight to your inbox.
Co- Authored By
Sargam Merchant and Madura Chaudhari