Chilled Chai - Let's break the ice over tea.
Tea leaf me there are many jokes I'd like to make about Ice T and T Pain but I shan't!
Summer is upon us, and with the blazing hot sun come some amazing recipes for our favorite cold drink of the season- Iced Tea. Our chilled chai is a tas'tea floral chai blend. This one's the real deal, we've brewed, tasted, brewed some more (no we aren't procaffeinating) we've finally come up with the perfect recipe for chilled chai.
Mangalyam (Mān.gaul.yūm) Chilled Chai
Let the floral flavors of Mangalyam tantalate your senses!
Our tea leaves are hand-picked in none other than - the land of tea gardens. We get our tealicious chai from sustainable fair-trade woman-owned & operated tea suppliers that create opportunities, develop transparent and accountable relationships, promote fair trade, ensure the rights of children, pay fairly, support safe and empowering working conditions, cultivate environmental stewardship, and respect cultural identity!
Our curated multiflorous Lavender & Marigold infused blend will calm your mind and uplift your spirits.
Yields - 2 cups
Prep time - 5 mins
Time to cook - 11 mins
Notes: Try this recipe with Astrakhadir ( Ūs.trā.ka.dir) our Rose & Cardamom blend
Click it and save it!
- 3 Cups Water,
- 6 Tbsp. Mangalyam Black Tea blend
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 - 1 Cup Milk
- Boil 3 cups water
- Add 6 tbsp of Mangalyam Black Tea blend & 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Boil for 6 minutes
- Stir Occasionally
- Rest until its room temperature
- Refrigerate overnight (preferably for 24 hours)
- Add ice, 3/4 cup chilled chai, milk, serve and sip
- For you, extra indulgent enthu cutlets try topping off your cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also blend the ice+ tea+ milk/ ice cream to make a "crème de thé" frappe #fancypants or fancy skirts tights leggings you get it (or replace with #fancychimpanzee)
- For our vegan friends replace dairy with coconut milk
- For an oriental Asian twist add boba (bubble or tapioca balls)
- Legend has it - ice tea was quite popularised in 1904 on a hot day in St Louis by an American merchant Richard Blechynden who added ice chips to his tea during a fair. But the beverage itself wasn't a new discovery, there are some accounts of ice tea dating back to the seventeenth century.
- Ice tea accounts for 85% of the total consumption of tea in America
- Swiss company Bischofszell was the first to start selling bottled iced tea in 1983
- Tea is rich in manganese which is responsible for healing your wounds research reveals that one cup of black tea contains 0.52mg of manganese which makes for approximately more than a fourth of the required daily intake for women.
- You burn more calories drinking chilled chai by using energy to raise body temperature to digest chilled beverages.
- Unsweetened chilled chai contains flavonoids - anti-inflammatory antioxidants prevent hardening of arteries
- Unsweetened chilled chai is rich in fluorides good for oral health
- A quick fix of caffeine or a pick me up on a slow muggy day
- Flavonoids in black tea help stabilize blood sugar levels
Hope you enjoyed this post and don’t forget to check out our shop at https://thechaibar.us/collections for the tea blends you’ll need to make this chai.
Until next week - tea’ta !
Co-authored by Sargam Merchant and Madura Chaudhari
OMG! I’m gonna try a Starbucks themed home made Chai Frappe because of this! Thank you!!!
Makes us feel like home. Love it, approve it, will buy it again.